Friday, May 31, 2013

Now this is clever.... British Embassy in Beijing


Now this is clever. I noticed it during the latest Internet trends presentation by Mary Meeker of Kleiner Perkins. Normally guards outside most embassies go mental if you take out your phone and start taking photos. Especially an American Embassy.

In this case though, the British embassy has decided to do the reverse. Nothing much to hide. So they put up a Q code on the wall. If you take a photo with a smartphone, it takes you to the British embassy Weibo website. Cultural stuff mainly, although I do see articles about climate change. And yes, I Google translated it. BBC Chinese should do the same. The concert in the embassy looks rather low key. The band are singing way off key. But no-one seems to mind.



1 comment:

PCJ Media said...

My lord you made me remember the pub quiz nights I use to host here every week. You can't see it in the picture, but there is a nice pub on the grounds.

ShareThis